Abbot's Palace in Oliwa – Modern Art Department

 

Home > Culture > Museum & Galleries > Abbot's Palace in Oliwa – Modern Art Department


The Abbot's Palace in Oliwa is a roccoco palace in Oliwa, a quarter of Gdansk. The first portion of the palace, the "Old Palace" was constructed in the 15th century. Later, in the first half of the sixteen hundreds a "New Palace" was added, which served as the residency of the then abbot of the Cistercians, Jan Grabinski. The final additions to the palace were made between 1754 and 1756.


Since 1989 the palace contains the Department of Modern Art of the Polish National Museum in Gdansk. In February of 1990 a special gallery devoted to contemporary Polish art was established. Permanent exhibitions include works by Polish artists from 19th and 20th century (painting, sculpture and ceramics). It also houses the "Promotional Gallery" which exhibits works by young artists.

Address: 18 Cystersow Street

Opening hours:
Mondays – closed

Tuesdays – Sundays  – 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. *

Thursdays – 12:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Tickets:
10 PLN – normal

6 PLN – reduced

*free admission on Fridays



« back

 
 
 

This site uses cookies. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. OK