Palowa Restaurant

 

Home > Restaurants > Polish > Palowa Restaurant


The oldest part of the City Hall, in which Palowa is now, included Merchant's room and The Small Scales. After the modernization of City Hall 1379-1381 there was a pile chamber that collected customs duty from each ship and goods entering and leaving the harbour.


The charges were collected by civil servants. Since 1585 till King Stefan Batory times the charge had been doubled and shared by the king and the city. The king was represented by comissioner collecting the right amount of money. At the end of XVI century the room received the existing till now vault, there was a fire place and the paintings: "Grosz czynszowy" ("Rent penny") by Antoni Moller / now in one of the rooms on the second floor of the City Hall, and "Budowa Świątyni Salomona" ("The building of Salomon's Temple") / now in the National Museum in Gdańsk.

47 Dluga Street, Gdansk

Book this restaurant with us – contact us





« back

 
 
 

This site uses cookies. Some of the cookies we use are essential for parts of the site to operate and have already been set. You may delete and block all cookies from this site, but parts of the site will not work. OK